What is the Mundo?

I am the very happy owner of a Yuba Mundo Cargo bike, a purpose-built, long-tail, heavy-duty bike that is built to be a serious replacement for a carbon-emitting vehicle. I'm learning more every day what a bike can do, and I'm becoming convinced that a cargo bike with an electric assist is a truly fantastic machine!

Friday, April 6, 2012

YES!  First commute using the Mundo! 

18.4 miles from my apartment to my school, avg speed 16.6mph despite the mighty hills, just over an hour.  Very doable, and how great is it to get to work feeling great?  The electric assist worked flawlessly:
Only used 6Ah of energy from the 20Ah battery, better than expected.  Pedal power + electric power = commuting power!
The kids at my school are totally psyched to see the Mundo, it's very inspiring to me to see how excited they are about a bike.  I'm sure it will lead to a lot of great discussions, but in the meantime it is time for class ;-)
The Mundo in my classroom at the "recharging station".

1 comment:

  1. That's just AWESOME,sharing the love of biking and green with school kids,very nice my friend :)

    The DC

    ReplyDelete