What is the Mundo?

I am the very happy owner of a Yuba Mundo Cargo bike, a purpose-built, long-tail, heavy-duty bike that is built to be a serious replacement for a carbon-emitting vehicle. I'm learning more every day what a bike can do, and I'm becoming convinced that a cargo bike with an electric assist is a truly fantastic machine!

Thursday, April 26, 2012

What can an (electric) bike do?  How about commute back and forth to work (18.4 miles each way) rather painlessly.  And zip around the city doing errands in the April showers but not worrying about getting a little wet?
Things I love about the Mundo so far:
- seems to be built very well, I see myself having this bike for at least as long as I've had my 1967 Raleigh.
- The stock saddle is surprisingly comfortable - I ride more than 40 miles a day in my work clothes.
- The stock fenders really do a good job of keeping the wet road off of me and the rest of the bike.
- The ability to load up a lot of stuff: computer, lunch, snacks, drinks, classroom materials, and still have room to pickup groceries on the way home.
- The disc brakes (avid bb7) which work flawlessly in the wet weather.
- The handling of the bike: this is a _fun_ bike to ride!

4 comments:

  1. Having the right bike is so important to sticking with the bike commute. My current commuter is a Montague folding bike, and I love it - I couldn't imagine anything better for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess, I've seen the Montague folders. Pretty cool. What inspired you to get a folding bike?

      Delete
  2. Hi Helena, I am lucky enough to have a place to store my bike inside, so after a ride in the rain I just dry it off and make sure the chain is clean, and I'm good to go.

    ReplyDelete