What is the Mundo?

I am the very happy owner of a Yuba Mundo Cargo bike, a purpose-built, long-tail, heavy-duty bike that is built to be a serious replacement for a carbon-emitting vehicle. I'm learning more every day what a bike can do, and I'm becoming convinced that a cargo bike with an electric assist is a truly fantastic machine!

Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 2 of the 30 Days of Biking Challenge, and I am on it!  Didn't ride the last 2 days of March for various reasons, but went for a short ride Sunday 4/1 to the Worcester Indoor Farmer's Market.  (they will be closed on Easter Sunday FYI) Just 4 or 5 vendors right now, but got some good bread, local eggs, and organic Rhubarb Jam.  There was also a person there selling some rather delicious looking prepared foods, but I resisted.
Today a little bit longer ride, another 8 miles including a trip to the Earn-a-Bike shop and the organic kale store.
Soon I will be riding to work, however I need to install the hub-motor and battery on the Mundo.  Going to get a few items I need to complete the installation tomorrow, and if all goes well I'll be riding the Mundo with electric assist on my 40 mile daily commute.  That will really start to rack up the savings on fuel :-)
And I'm thinking of adding something to the savings spreadsheet, too.  How much credit do you think I should allow for fuel not burned?  Sort of like carbon credits or something...  Every gallon of diesel I don't  buy is not just $4.15 saved, it is lessening my environmental footprint, and presumably has a monetary value?  Maybe I'm stretching it, but I want people to see that biking, especially if you use your bike to do your normal errands instead of driving, is really a huge money saver as well as being a no-brainer sustainability-wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment