What is the Mundo?

I am the very happy owner of a Yuba Mundo Cargo bike, a purpose-built, long-tail, heavy-duty bike that is built to be a serious replacement for a carbon-emitting vehicle. I'm learning more every day what a bike can do, and I'm becoming convinced that a cargo bike with an electric assist is a truly fantastic machine!

Monday, April 23, 2012

Haven't had a chance to post for a few days, last week was very busy getting ready for the big Worcester Earn-a-Bike fundraiser party.  The party was a great success, but I must admit that the only bike ride I took on Saturday was on the stationary bikes attached to the roller racing setup.  But hey, I did three 500 meter sprints, so I think that still counts for the 30 days of biking.

Sunday was the Earth Day Critical Mass in Worcester, but my tired feeling from the night before {The wages of sin are death, but after they take out for taxes it's just sort of a tired feeling :-) (Paula Poundstone)} combined with some wet weather prevented me from participating.  I was on my way to the critical mass meeting place at the Turtle Boy statue, but I was wet and cold and I decided to go back home instead.  Weak.

Today, however, I did go out in the rain and do my afternoon errands on the Mundo, and I must say the fenders that come on the bike work very well.

And finally, I'm including a picture of one of the patches that we had as prizes at the Earn-a-Bike party.  Stephanie grabbed a picture from a facebook album of me racing at the George Street Challenge for Major Taylor, photoshopped it up and made a silkscreen and printed a whole lot of patches.  I am truly honored!

A pic of me riding up George St. in Worcester printed on some awesome patches.

2 comments:

  1. The stationary bike totally counts. I love the patches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great patch! I rode in the CM ride - my first ever, but I hadn't been out partying to all hours the night before....

    ReplyDelete