What is the Mundo?

I am the very happy owner of a Yuba Mundo Cargo bike, a purpose-built, long-tail, heavy-duty bike that is built to be a serious replacement for a carbon-emitting vehicle. I'm learning more every day what a bike can do, and I'm becoming convinced that a cargo bike with an electric assist is a truly fantastic machine!

Monday, April 30, 2012

Woo Hoo!  30 Days of Biking is done!  And now, the National Bike Challenge: A free program from May 1 to August 31 with the goal of uniting 50,000 people to bike 10 million miles.  You sign up with Endomondo, download GPS tracking software to your smartphone (or just enter your rides on the website), and start riding. (BTW, please sign up for Team Worcester Earn-a-Bike).
The 30 Days of Biking is a great idea, because once you start thinking about how you'll use your bike every day it becomes a normal part of the daily routine.  Now that April is over, I see no need to give up biking everyday, and yeah, I signed up for the National Bike Challenge so if I ever am tempted not to bike I'll remember that I've got to add more miles.  I'm a very lazy person at heart and if there isn't some kind of goal in sight I'm likely to sleep late and skip the biking.
Here's a picture of the Cycle Analyst readout from my 18.4 mile trip to work.


1 comment:

  1. Nice job,my friend! Since I missed out due to issues with my old injuries in April (though it has been my biggest mileage month for 2012 so far...),I'm shooting for "30 rides in 31 days" for May :p

    The DC

    ReplyDelete