What is the Mundo?

I am the very happy owner of a Yuba Mundo Cargo bike, a purpose-built, long-tail, heavy-duty bike that is built to be a serious replacement for a carbon-emitting vehicle. I'm learning more every day what a bike can do, and I'm becoming convinced that a cargo bike with an electric assist is a truly fantastic machine!

Saturday, February 23, 2013

North American Handmade Bicycle Show comes to Denver

The North American Handmade Bicycle Show is in Denver this weekend, and I am here to ogle and dream. The show runs Friday to Sunday, and I volunteered at the registration desk on Friday in exchange for a free ticket on Saturday, a nice deal.  I went to the show once before when it was in Richmond, VA, so I knew it was a wonderful place to see the best in custom bicycles.  I would highly recommend you go if you can, you'll see some phenomenally beautiful bikes, and get to talk to the builders directly.  I'm heading back upstairs at the Denver Convention Center, but wanted to post some pictures from what I've seen so far:


Awesome lug work on a bike by Bilenky Cycle Works of Philadelphia

Classic Italian Steel

The Hero Bicycle Project teaches you how to build your own bamboo bike, and the money raised goes directly to  support youth initiatives in Alabama.

Wow, OK this is a curved titanium frame created by welding a "bend" in the downtube.   Very cool.

The Wonder Woman bicycle by Bilenky Cycle Works

Boo Bicycles of Fort Collins showed up with a lot of great bikes, including this super-fatty with bamboo tubes, carbon fiber lugs, and a titanium fork by Black Sheep Cycles.


Lots of wooden bikes including this beauty by Owen


No comments:

Post a Comment