What is the Mundo?

I am the very happy owner of a Yuba Mundo Cargo bike, a purpose-built, long-tail, heavy-duty bike that is built to be a serious replacement for a carbon-emitting vehicle. I'm learning more every day what a bike can do, and I'm becoming convinced that a cargo bike with an electric assist is a truly fantastic machine!

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Errandonnee Forever

Because that's what I do.  Really.  Every day is the Errandonnee in Fort Collins, the #2 city in our fair country for bike commuting (according to The Atlantic Magazine: )

Since I don't work at a regular job, my daily life doesn't really involve a "commute", but I do have a sort of regular schedule, things to do, and biking is the way to go.  Since moving to Fort Collins in December 2012, there have been many days when my wife's car and my truck have gone nowhere, since it is so easy to get around here by bike.  In my old hometown of Worcester, MA, (which didn't even make the list :-(  there weren't as many bikes on the road, but the opportunities for biking instead of driving were abundant.  There is really not much difference between the two cities, except Fort Collins makes the little bit of effort it takes to be bike friendly - bike trails, bike lanes, and aggressive enforcement of traffic laws for both bikes and motor vehicles.  As I've always said: more bikes on the road = even more bikes on the road.  We're #2 because biking is the new normal thanks to a shift in infrastructure that recognizes bicycles as belonging to the regular flow of traffic.  This is what sustainability looks like!

This is how we rock the trip to the grocery store in a bike friendly town.

No comments:

Post a Comment