What is the Mundo?

I am the very happy owner of a Yuba Mundo Cargo bike, a purpose-built, long-tail, heavy-duty bike that is built to be a serious replacement for a carbon-emitting vehicle. I'm learning more every day what a bike can do, and I'm becoming convinced that a cargo bike with an electric assist is a truly fantastic machine!

Monday, February 18, 2013

Errandonnee Complete!

I've been obsessed with "The Winter Challenge: Errandonee" for the past week, and today I think I have completed it.  So far I've done 12 errands while biking 40.6 miles since Feb. 12.  I have gone on 8 out of 11 possible different kinds of errands (lunch, coffee, grocery store, bike shop, etc.) and the rules only ask for 7 different kinds.  I've also gone out twice after dark (check!),  and not used any category more than twice.  I have documented my trips with pictures, filled out the control card, and done and done!  Here are some take-aways on the experience:
My only regret?  Haven't had time to go to the library.
Coldest night ride? Tonight, coming home from the bike coop it was 18 degrees. Chilly.
Longest ride? Out and back to the grocery store at the corner of Drake and Timberline, a 6 mile round-trip.
Lesson learned?  OK, I already knew this - most of the stuff you do every day you can do on a bike!

Here are some more pictures from my adventures errandonneering:


Part of my lighting setup for night riding: the USB rechargeable Vis 360 helmet system from Light and Motion.  I also use an old Niterider LED rear light (non-blinky) and a Cygolite Hotshot (super bright blinky).  I will be seen!

At the Fort Collins Bike Coop, hard at work making earn-a-bikes with John.


Coffee to go from Crankenstein. (Small Americano with soy milk)

At Ace Hardware to get a plastic drop cloth and some masking tape.
Unloading groceries (most of them were already inside before I remembered to take the picture)



No comments:

Post a Comment