What is the Mundo?

I am the very happy owner of a Yuba Mundo Cargo bike, a purpose-built, long-tail, heavy-duty bike that is built to be a serious replacement for a carbon-emitting vehicle. I'm learning more every day what a bike can do, and I'm becoming convinced that a cargo bike with an electric assist is a truly fantastic machine!

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

"Epic" Spring Snowstorm Slows 30 Days of Biking Challenge

Winter Storm Warning!
Well, if this is what 4 - 7 inches of overnight snow looks like, I guess the 30 Days of Biking Challenge is not in danger of faltering.  The reality this morning is I don't really feel like riding anywhere, not because of snow, but because it was only 19 degrees F when I got up.  Being a weather wimp, I'm going to wait until later today before venturing out.

So hey, until today the weather has been fine, and the 30 Days of Biking has been a breeze.  Yesterday I rode downtown to meet with my tutoree.  (I work part-time for Larimer County as a GED tutor).  The view from the 5th floor of the County building was beautiful - you could see the clouds and snow and wind approaching from behind the mountains, but there in downtown Fort Collins it was still rather warm.  Stopped at the coffee shop on the way home, and saw a couple of cool bikes out on the town:

A fellow cargo-biker with rad seat cushion

A sweet errandonuering bike

A beauty of a town bike with well-placed Odell Brewing sticker

No comments:

Post a Comment