What is the Mundo?

I am the very happy owner of a Yuba Mundo Cargo bike, a purpose-built, long-tail, heavy-duty bike that is built to be a serious replacement for a carbon-emitting vehicle. I'm learning more every day what a bike can do, and I'm becoming convinced that a cargo bike with an electric assist is a truly fantastic machine!

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Spontaneous Cargo

Arriving home with the free shelf unit found alongside the road.
File this under "What a Bike can Do": Today I was at the grocery store getting some things for the next few days, and on my way home I saw this cool shelf unit sitting by the side of the road.  It was a freebie, and it just so happened we were looking for something to put in the garden for the squash to climb on.  Perfect!  Had I not been on the Mundo I would have had to come back for it, but with the amazing capacity of the longtail design and some of the cargo straps that I always have with me, I was able to strap the shelf unit to the bike and bring it on home.
My quick release cargo straps from Home Depot

I always carry 3 or 4 cargo straps that I got from Home Depot.  They are about 1" wide and 8' long, and have a very easy to use, secure, spring-loaded buckle.  Very useful!

Here is the shelf unit put back together, ready for the garden:
A perfect find for our rapidly growing squash plants.


No comments:

Post a Comment